FAIR USE NOTICE

FAIR USE NOTICE

A BEAR MARKET ECONOMICS BLOG

DEDICATED TO OCCUPY AND THE ECONOMIC REVOLUTION

OCCUPY THE MARKETPLACE

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK

This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. we believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

FAIR USE NOTICE FAIR USE NOTICE: This page may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This website distributes this material without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for scientific, research and educational purposes. We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in 17 U.S.C § 107.

Read more at: http://www.etupdates.com/fair-use-notice/#.UpzWQRL3l5M | ET. Updates
FAIR USE NOTICE FAIR USE NOTICE: This page may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This website distributes this material without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for scientific, research and educational purposes. We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in 17 U.S.C § 107.

Read more at: http://www.etupdates.com/fair-use-notice/#.UpzWQRL3l5M | ET. Updates

All Blogs licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0

Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Mythology Of Race: a story to share with everyone


The Mythology Of Race

The Mythology Of Race: Mankinds Challenge to a Better World. By E.B. Gibson


Please Share this with anybody on your email list.


Hi Friends please excuse me sending out so many E-mails this one in particular brought tears to my eyes.Please share it with any on your email list.I hope it reaches the Gaza strip.

HI Eric,

Thank you for sharing this story from you book. I look forward to reading it in its entirety.
It reminded me of a recent personal story I wanted to share with you.

I have always had an open heart for all races, religions, and nationalities. I have always seen us all as one.
My family has not. My father is from Iran, and has generational instilled resentment towards the Jewish and Arabic nations based on generations of war and many deaths in our family.

Over the years I have made many friends of all backgrounds including Jewish and Arabic.
I recently invited my father and his wife to come visit with me for the weekend. I told them we were going
to a dinner party with my friends at a restaurant that we do most Friday nights. My father was very open to meeting my friends.

We all ate dinner and everyone was very kind to my father, there was lots of joking, laughing and bantering, and as we usually do after dinner, the restaurant turns up the music (arabic music) and my friend begins to sing in Arabic, and I break out my drum and we all dance and act silly.

My father was having such a great time he was even up on his chair dancing at some points.
He was laughing, and dancing and letting go in such a way that brought laughter to us all.
He was socializing and really enjoying my friends without any guards up.

That evening on our way home, my father, still glowing in the aftermath, said " I had such a fantastic night, your american friends are so amazing, what great people they are!!".

And I said dad I have something to tell you, "they are not American born, they are from Israel and Palestine. (Jewish & Arabic)

He sat stunned for a minute, as this information was processed through his pre-conceived walls that he has had up for a lifetime. All was quiet as we sat in stillness, nobody wanted to move a muscle, as we feared he might be angry, and after about 2 minutes, he began laughing and laughing, until tears came to his eyes.
We all felt such relief and joy, and began laughing ourselves.
To this day my dad is a changed man.
I could have argued with him for a lifetime regarding his prejudices, but I knew that would get me nowhere.
So instead I wanted to show him by example, that we are all the same at the core, we all eat, love, and laugh the same.
I believe he truly gets it now.

► Reply to This

Hi Eric,
Thanks for sharing this. Again let's be the change we want to see in the world.

I just wanted to follow up on this story. Three weeks ago I had my birthday and I decided to throw myself a party. I invited several of my father and friends and my stepmom said, "are you sure it is okay to invite all these different nationalities, don't you think there might be a problem?" And I knew confidently in my heart that NO there was not going to be a problem, because we were all there to have fun and enjoy the gift of friendship, which it turned out to be an amazingly loving, friendly dancing, singing night.

My party was definitely quite international, there were friends from Iraq, Egypt, Turkey, Prague, Norway, Serbia, Iran, Israel, Greece, Spain, and of course America.
We played music from all over the world and everyone danced, sang, and ate together with love and harmony. My dad too had an amazing night! There was not one act of prejudice.
How many times can you get these opposing nationalities to come together? Well I say many times as long as we believe it will be great, it will be!

Again let's lead by example and be that change!!
As the world should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment