Subject: RE US Attorney Gen statement
Thank you for your questions regarding the fact we have not received the paperwork yet.
The LP DOC board and family members just wanted to be clear that we as a formal organization, legal and family members - none have received official word from the government yet. But yes, we believe it to be real because of the following:
The denial of parole has already posted on the North Dakota US Attorney General web site as a press release. Which is by protocol the first place that it would be posted. One would think the govt would notify family first before letting the world know, but apparently not. It has been carried as a story on the Associate Press, and on Indian Country as well. Do we wish there was margin for error here - yes. But unlikely.
Thank you for your many messages. I will be answering each personally as time allows.
Thank you for being with us - we will notify you of the next level of plans from the LP DOC soon.
American Indian activist Leonard Peltier once again denied parole
BISMARCK, N.D. - U.S. Attorney Drew Wrigley says imprisoned American Indian activist Leonard Peltier has been denied parole.
Wrigley said Friday the next scheduled hearing for Peltier is 2024, when Peltier would be 79 years old.
Peltier is serving two life sentences for the execution-style deaths of FBI agents Jack Coler and Ronald Williams during a June 26, 1975, standoff on South Dakota's Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. He was convicted in 1977. He has claimed the FBI framed him, which the agency denies, and unsuccessfully appealed his conviction numerous times.
Peltier had a full parole hearing for the first time in 15 years last month at the Lewisburg, Pa., federal prison where he is being held.
Defense attorney Eric Seitz declined to comment on the U.S. Parole Commission decision, saying the Justice Department had not informed him.